Recipe by HokiesMom
I was surprised by this recipe in that you only marinade the meat 20-30 minutes. It is great when you find a steak on sale and want to cook it that night. I did tweak it a bit by adding in some freshly minced garlic to kick it up just a bit. Turned out great for a weeknight meal for the family served with buttered noodles and spinach salad.
Top Review by Nado2003
Wow, this was a pleasant surprise for us. I was out of soy sauce and worchestershire sauce so I needed a different marinate. This was fast, easy and delicious. I marinated for about 1.5 hours and it was too cold to grill so I broiled it. Same time. Came out perfect. Thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- ground pepper (not to be placed in marinade)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a resealable bag and mix together. Then add the flank steak and reseal the bag and turn bag several times to coat the meat with the marinade. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Preheat grill to high for 20 minutes (while the meat is marinading). Remove meat from bag and sprinkle fresh ground pepper over the steak before placing on grill. Grill steak 5-6 minutes and then turn over and grill until done (3-4 more minutes for medium rare; 5-6 minutes for medium - depends on thickness of steak and temperature of grill).
- Remove steak to a platter and tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.