Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very simple recipe for those who love balsamic vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- fresh ground black pepper
- 26 ounces potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, then brown chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, sugar and tomato puree to the pan; then simmer, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Put the chicken breasts back into the pan, then simmer for about 15 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes until tender, then mash with butter, yogurt and spring onion.
- Serve the chicken in slices on a bed of mash, drizzled with the balsamic sauce.
Yummo for dinner... a real winner!!! This was a great way to use up some of the B/S chicken breasts that hubby brought home a month ago (they've been wallowing in the freezer forever). I wasn't sure what "natural" yogurt was, so I used plain old, regular yogurt (not Greek, or anything out of the norm). It was truly delightful! P.S. My alterations were that I cut down the sugar to 2 TBLs. I used "Russet" potatoes for the mash (and they were fine), and I used "scallions", rather than "spring onions" (I know that there is a slight difference, but I couldn't find them in the grocery store). Thanks for posting. (Made for PRMR)<br/>P.S. It may be helpful for others to know the difference between "tomato puree", "tomato concentrate" and "tomato sauce"... Thanks again, hun! :)
Very quick and easy with a good balsamic flavor. Made with 3 b/s chicken breasts so there W's extra sauce, and used Yukon gold potatoes. Made for 123Hits.
This is definitely a great new way for us to enjoy chicken breasts, something we have several times a week at least! The only thing I changed was to leave the potatoes unpeeled, but chopped them up quite small! Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]