1/2 Photos of Balsamic Chicken With Baby Spinach
This was so delicious, elegant looking, and really quite easy. Nice last minute company dish. I served this over couscous cooked it in chicken broth and drizzled with olive oil to add extra flavor. Wild rice, brown rice, or orzo pasta would also be nice with this. Whichever you choose, toss with a little olive oil, salt & pepper or season however you prefer. My version of an Ellie Krieger recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil, approximately
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 226.79 g Baby Spinach, rinsed and dried (1 package baby leaves)
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- 78.07 ml low sodium chicken broth (to taste)
- 78.07 ml canned tomato, diced (undrained)
- 473.18 ml couscous or 473.18 ml rice or 473.18 ml pasta, cooked, to serve over, seasoned however you prefer
- 1Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the olive oil and garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- 3Very lightly season chicken with a bit of salt and a hearty grinding of pepper.
- 4Add the chicken to the pan and cook about 4-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through and juices run clear (time will vary based on thickness of your chicken pieces).
- 5Remove the chicken, jkeep warm, and set aside.
- 6To the same pan, add the spinach and cook just until barely wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 8Lower the heat to medium and add the balsamic vinegar and chicken broth to the pan and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits.
- 9Add the tomatoes, raise heat and cook until reduced to your liking, about 3 to 5 minutes, seasoning to taste with pepper and salt if desired.
- 10To serve, set out your seasoned couscous, orzo or rice on a platter, then sprinkle the spinach over the top, then place chicken on top of the spinach and drizzle with the balsamic tomatoes.
- 11There isn't a ton of sauce, so if you like things very saucy, you may wish to make extra sauce (I was happy with the amount as listed though).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken With Baby Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.8
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 159.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 39.5 g