Recipe by ladypit
We really enjoyed this for dinner and I couldn't find a recipe quite like it on recipezaar. This was lovely with ham and a salad. From a Weight Watcher's cookbook. Each serving is 1 point.
Top Review by bricookie55
This was such a quick, easy side dish. We really enjoyed it. I used fresh basil, which was delicious. I ended up adding salt, though. But this was still a great recipe. Thank you!
- 1 lb carrot
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the carrots and slice them. Put them in a pan with the cup of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until soft (but not mushy). Drain and return to the pan.
- While the carrots are cooking combine the other ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
- When the carrots are drained add the vinegar mixture and return to the heat. Stir frequently for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.