1/1 Photo of Bakinbaby's Bread and Butter Pickles
1 hr 15 mins
Orange marmalade gives these cukes a whole new twist on B&B pickles. I've spent many hours coming up with this sweet, but sour delght.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cucumbers (slim sized or pickling size)
- 3 medium sweet onions (sliced thin)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced thin)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1Combine veggies in a large bowl, sprinkle with kosher salt then ice cubes, allow to cool in frigerator at least 3hours, 6-8 hours is even better.
- 2Drain and rinse veggies, set aside.
- 3Heat vinegar,sugar,mustard seed,marmalade,celery seedturmeric and dry mustard in a medium saucepan for aboout 5-6 min., just till heated.
- 4Pack drained veggies is quart jars, cover with heated vinegar solution,top with rings and lids, and keep in frig. for at least 3 days before eating.
- 5Or, process in hot water bath for 15 minute
- 6We prefer the frig. process as the cukes will keep crispy and fresh for up to one year.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bakinbaby's Bread and Butter Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 948.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g