Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
THIS COLORFUL DISH HAS A DISTINCTLY MEDITERRANEAN FLAIR. SERVE WITH SOMETHING SIMPLE- ROAST CHICKEN, FOR EXAMPLE, OR PASTA AND CHEESE.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 sweet green pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, black
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- THIS COLORFUL DISH HAS A DISTINCTLY MEDITERRANEAN FLAIR.
- SERVE WITH SOMETHING SIMPLE- ROAST CHICKEN, FOR EXAMPLE, OR PASTA AND CHEESE.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Core, seed and chop pepper.
- Peel and finely chop onion.
- Trim ends off the zucchini and remove the stem end from the tomatoes.
- Cut both vegetables into 1/2-inch slices and arrange them in a buttered 1-or 1 1/2-quart baking dish with their edges overlapping slightly, alternating the tomato with zucchini.
- Scatter the green pepper, onion, salt, and pepper over the slices.
- Drizzle the oil evenly over the vegetables.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes, or until the squash is crisp-tender.
- YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE YELLOW SQUASH.
- THIS DISH CAN BE PREPARED AHEAD AND BAKED JUST BEFORE SERVING.
This was pretty, simple, and delicious. I added some shredded parmesan cheese on top when I took it out of the oven.
I just made this with my dinner. I was planning on making the same thing only in a frying pan on the stove. Since it is cool today, I tried this, also adding some mushrooms, and a little cauliflower that I had. I used my favorite Italian dressing instead of the oil, and a bit of fresh basil. So easy, and delicious. I made it for myself figuring I would have leftovers, but I'm afraid I made quite the pig out of myself!
Just wonderful! Very flavorful. You can eat leftovers cold the next day, it is tasty.