Greek Bean Soup (Fasoulada)
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium celery ribs, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 cups water (2 quarts)
- 1 lb great northern bean, sorted,soaked overnight,rinsed,and drained
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large pot; add onions, and saute until tender.
- Add carrots, celery, parsley, and dill weed; cook until carrots are glazed, 5-7 minutes.
- Mix in tomato paste, water, and beans; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer over low heat 1 or more hours or until beans are tender.
- Stir in lemon juice, if desired, just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com