Recipe by dolores in paradise
When I made these for my kids. They thought their mom was a fancy cook. In those days I was no cook, but these are so easy and they are good. Save the crusts for crumbs or feed the birds.
- 1 (6 ounce) canned tuna
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 slices white bread
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix drained tuna, mayo, Tabasco, lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
- Trim crust from bread and roll each slice with a rolling pin.
- Brush one side of bread with melted butter.
- Turn over and spread each slice with tuna mixture.
- Roll up and fasten with toothpicks.
- Bake at 400° 15 minutes till brown and crispy.
- Sauce: Heat soup and milk; add peas.