Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This my own creation. We love baked fish but don't like the heavy crust type so I came up with this and everyone loves it. The measurements are an estimation because it depends on how many filets you are cooking and how spicy you want your fish.
- tilapia fillet
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- tony creole seasoning, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (not the canned kind)
- 1 onion, sliced into slices
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (bread crumbs to cheese) in a plate.
- Dip your filets in the melted butter then dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a baking dish that is large enough the filets will not overlap (make sure you spray or grease your dish).
- Place the sliced onions mushrooms and pepper (if used) on top of filets.
- Pour any left over melted butter over this and sprinkle juice over this.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350º oven for about 20 minutes (check to see if fish is starting to flake easily, if not bake a little longer).
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust turns a light golden brown color.
- Serve with pan juices spooned over the fish.
After reading all the great reviews I tried it..I followed the recipe veggies and all, and it did have a nice taste but it never got golden brown ..way to mushy for me
This recepie is easy to make and ended up tasting delicious! I cut the receipe in half as I only was using 2 tilapia fillets. I did not have any of the "Tony Creole seasoning" so I looked up a receipe online for creole seasoning and made the mix of several spices. I used 2 tsp of the seasoning mix for half- recipie, but next time I think I would use more, something like 2 tbsp.
Excellent! Tasted like it came from a restaurant. I chopped up some sun dried tomatoes and shallots and put over the fish which gave it even more flavor. It would be great with some sauteed vegetables.