This my own creation. We love baked fish but don't like the heavy crust type so I came up with this and everyone loves it. The measurements are an estimation because it depends on how many filets you are cooking and how spicy you want your fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- tilapia fillet
- 1/2-3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 -1 1/2 cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- tony creole seasoning, to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (not the canned kind)
- 1 onion, sliced into slices
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of
- 1Mix all of the dry ingredients (bread crumbs to cheese) in a plate.
- 2Dip your filets in the melted butter then dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- 3Place in a baking dish that is large enough the filets will not overlap (make sure you spray or grease your dish).
- 4Place the sliced onions mushrooms and pepper (if used) on top of filets.
- 5Pour any left over melted butter over this and sprinkle juice over this.
- 6Cover with foil and bake in a 350º oven for about 20 minutes (check to see if fish is starting to flake easily, if not bake a little longer).
- 7Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust turns a light golden brown color.
- 8Serve with pan juices spooned over the fish.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.4
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 829.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g