Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe from Cooking Light October/2006 issue.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Cool potatoes, slightly.
- Heat oil in med skillet over med low heat.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic; cook 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Add 3/4 cup water and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring until smooth; bring to a simmer.
- Cook 2 minutes or until thick.
- Split potatoes lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, the other side.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup sauce into each potato.
- Top each serving with 1 tsp chopped cilantro.