Recipe by PistonsFan
I modified this from a recipe I found on another recipe site. It is one of my favorite quick and easy weeknight meals. This tastes a little bit better to me when made with butter, but I've also made it with olive oil to make it a little bit more heart healthy.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drain and reserve the juice)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large skillet heat butter or oil.
- Add onion, green pepper and carrots and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in ketchup, pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic salt, pepper, and ginger.
- Stir constantly until mixture boils.
- Add pineapple.
- Arrange chicken breasts in large casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over all.
- Bake covered 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake additional 20 minutes or until chicken tests done.
- Serve over rice.