I modified this from a recipe I found on another recipe site. It is one of my favorite quick and easy weeknight meals. This tastes a little bit better to me when made with butter, but I've also made it with olive oil to make it a little bit more heart healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drain and reserve the juice)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In large skillet heat butter or oil.
- 3Add onion, green pepper and carrots and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Stir in ketchup, pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic salt, pepper, and ginger.
- 5Stir constantly until mixture boils.
- 6Add pineapple.
- 7Arrange chicken breasts in large casserole dish.
- 8Pour sauce over all.
- 9Bake covered 20 minutes.
- 10Uncover and bake additional 20 minutes or until chicken tests done.
- 11Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.1
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 928.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 29.7 g