Great with fresh, home grown tomatoes!
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice off top of tomatoes.
- Using a spoon, hollow out the tomatoes keeping around an inch of tomato "meat (or whatever its called)" around the bottom and sides.
- Discard pulp.
- Turn tomatoes upside down on paper towel to drain.
- In a saucepan, heat oil, parsley, scallions, garlic, and breadcrumbs.
- Mix together until just heated through and moist.
- Place tomatoes in well oiled casserole dish.
- Fill with stuffing.
- Top each with a tablespoon of cheese.
- Brush tomatoes with oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and tomatoes look done, baste with oil occasionally or when needed.
- Note: as many people have noted these can be very dry depending on what type of breadcrumbs you use or how long you cook them. I would recommend adjusting the amounts according to what you have read or personal preferences.