1/1 Photo of Baked Stuffed Lobster Tails
Alan Leonetti's Note:
This recipe can be made in 30 minutes or less, and it is not one of Rachael Ray's recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw lobster 1 to 2 days in refrigerator or place in a clean bowl under cool running water until completely thawed.
- 2To make stuffing, tear bread into small pieces.
- 3Chop parsley.
- 4Melt butter in a small skillet over Medium heat. Add parsley and crushed garlic into skillet. Saute for 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add bread, thyme, salt, and pepper. If it is not holding together you can add a tiny bit of milk or water. Mix to blend and set aside.
- 5Heat oven to 450°F.
- 6Split top side of lobster shell down center with scissors, keeping tail fan intact. Pull shell open. Lift tail meat, leaving it attached at fan end, and lay over top of shell, piggyback style.
- 7Make a cut down center of meat 1/4 inch deep. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Pour wine into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Place lobster tails in dish. Spoon stuffing over top of meat. Bake (uncovered) 10 to 12 minutes in center of oven, until meat turns from translucent to opaque (white).
- 9Remove from oven when internal temperature reaches 140°F Drizzle pan juices lightly over lobster and serve immediately with clarified butter and lemon wedges.
- 10For Clarified Butter:.
- 11Melt 1/2 cup butter over Medium heat until frothy. Pour into a small glass measuring cup. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 12Skim foam from the top with a spoon and discard. Pour off clear, clarified butter to use for dipping. Discard solids left in bottom of cup.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Lobster Tails
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.9
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 169.1 mg
- Sodium 730.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 43.1 g