Recipe by gailanng
From Florida's stawberry bake-off.
Top Review by Debbwl
I love cobblers and this one was no exception. The berries made a nice chunky sauce and the crust was light tender and with the prefect amount of crumble to it. I did cut the recipe in half using egg beaters to get half an egg and baked in a 4x4 for the full time. Did serve without ice cream but would recommend adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream as it would push this yummy cobbler right over the top. This will be enjoyed again before the summer is out. Thanks for the post.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs fresh strawberries, sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- vanilla ice cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Combine strawberries, 4 teaspoons flour, and 1⁄4 cup sugar and place in prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg and milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon dough over strawberries by teaspoonfuls.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.