1/4 Photos of Baked Strawberry Cobbler
From Florida's stawberry bake-off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 lbs fresh strawberries, sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- vanilla ice cream, if desired
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- 2Combine strawberries, 4 teaspoons flour, and 1⁄4 cup sugar and place in prepared dish.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 5Add egg and milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 6Spoon dough over strawberries by teaspoonfuls.
- 7Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 8Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- 9Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Strawberry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 175.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g