Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 lbs fresh squid, tubes cleaned and sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 -5 cups cooked rice
- 1 lemon, juice of
- In a 4 to 5-quart pan, bring about 1 1/2 inches of water to a boil.
- Add rings, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Drain and dry.
- Fry in olive oil with the onions and garlic until onions are tender.
- Add tomato paste and white wine.
- Spread cooked rice evenly in a baking pan.
- Pour squid mixture over the rice.
- Bake at 400° F for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over mixture before serving.