Recipe by Kree
This is my favorite casserole! My mother brings it to Thanksgiving dinner every year, and the whole family loves it.
Top Review by Barb G.
Yum,Yum, Delicious. Everyone loved said it would be great for Thanksgiving instead of Sweet Potatoes. A good way to get the little ones to eat squash. Will definitely be making this again, Thank you Kree for posting.
- 1 small butternut squash (2 lbs. or less)
- 2 apples (cored, peeled, and sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pare, seed, and cut squash into small slices.
- Place squash and apple slices in oblong baking dish (7x11-inch).
- Blend rest of ingredients with fork, fingers, or pastry cutter until crumbly; distribute over squash and apple.
- Cover and bake for 45-50 minutes.