Recipe by KadesMom
This is such a wonderful comfort food and the kids will love it. It's creamy and very flavorful. Great for a potluck too! I serve this with garlic bread & a caesar salad.
- 13 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Break spaghetti in half; cook according to package directions.
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion & minced garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the soups, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and seasonings.
- Drain spaghetti; stir into meat sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.