Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good potato side dish. The dish is a combo of some crisp and chewy potatoes but both types are gooooood! From the Readers Digest Quick, thrify cookbook. Posting a few recipes I have tried out from this book today.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine (I use less)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, oregano,sage or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven 230C.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Mix the oil, salt and pepper into the potatoes and herbs too if you want.
- Toss well.
- Spread the slices in a large baking pan (non stick preferable) so that they overlap slightly.
- Bake the potatoes uncovered for around 20 mins.
- You can bake them longer if you need them crisper.
This is a quick, easy, tasty side dish for a week night dinner! I scaled the recipe, cooking 1 very large russet potato, sprayed my baking dish with Pam, mixed the slices & the savoury herbs with 1 tbsp margarine. I'll probably add some onion slices next time. Thanx Fay!
Yummo! I used olive oil and put them in a 350 oven, but otherwise followed exactly. Nice flavor. Served with Smoky Mountain Chicken - went great together & enjoyed the leftovers for lunch at work today. Thanks for sharing!
Excellent recipe! I put mine on a cookie sheet and mixed in just enough oil to coat the potato slices. I especially liked those on the outside edges of the sheet that got really crispy. I only used salt and pepper. A definite keeper!