Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple and delicious way to cook shrimp.
Make and share this Baked Shrimp in Foil recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs large shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1 bunch about 2 cups chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried or minced onions
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 lemons
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- red pepper flakes, (ground red pepper will work too)
- 1 large aluminum foil, bag (used for grilling, if not, use regular foil)
- 1. Let the stick of butter soften in a bowl until it is VERY soft.
- 2. Coarsely chop the parsley and cut into the soft butter.
- 3. Add garlic, onion, hot sauce, pepper, salt and blend until the parsley seems well incorporated.
- 4. Juice ONE lemon and cut the other two into slices. Add lemon juice to the mixture and blend.
- 5. Add red pepper flakes to your taste.
- 6. Rinse shrimp thoroughly and leave the shells ON. Add them to the bowl and mix them in until they are evenly coated with the mixture.
- 7. Put shrimp mix into the oven bag along with the lemon slices.
- 8. If making a foil packet from sheet foil, be sure to make the foil a double layer. Seal packet of foil bag TIGHTLY and place in the refrigerator a few hours until you are ready to bake. If you are making your own packet, make it large enough to keep the shrimp in no more than two layers inside the packet.
- 9. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place foil bag into a cookie sheet with edges to catch any leaks.
- 10. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, give the foil bag a shake to redistribute the shrimp, flip over and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- 11. After this 30 minutes of baking, remove the foil bag and give it a look. The shrimp should be nice and pink. If not, bake another 10 minutes and check again.
- 12. Cut open the bag with a knife and dump into a bowl to serve.
- 13. Add a nice salad and enjoy!
- 14. We make two pounds to have some leftover shrimp to make into our Low-Carb Aioli Shrimp Salad the next day!
This was great. I threw some asparagus in the foil packet too. The butter sauce is just amazing, I kept looking for things to dip in it after I ate all the shrimp.