Perfect Boiled Shrimp and Cocktail Sauce
From Good Food Magazine, September 1987
- Ready In:
- 3 quarts water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat water, bay leaf, lemon and black peppercorns to boiling in large pot. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shell and devein shrimp. Add shrimp and cook just until pink and slightly firm to the touch, about 3 minutes. Drain immediately and cool under cold running water.
- To make cocktail sauce, combine chili sauce, lime juice, horseradish, hot red pepper sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in bowl.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 10 more