Recipe by cookiedog
These mushrooms are stuffed with goat cheese and herbs. This recipe is from the Olema Inn by the Point Reyes National Seashore.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
These are herby and good!! I used lemon and German thyme, basil, plus oregano all from my garden. Instead of butter, I used extra virgin olive oil and it worked out great!I added some kosher salt to the mix before I stuffed my mushrooms, and I'm glad that I did because the mushrooms needed salt. I found that you must serve these immediately because the goat cheese starts to crumble if you don't but luckily, we ate them all up!! Thanks for the recipe!!
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fines herbes (chopped parsley, chives, tarragon)
- fresh ground pepper
- 8 large fresh shiitake mushrooms, cleaned
- melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the goat cheese with garlic, fines herbes, and ground pepper.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and stuff caps with cheese and place on a baking pan.
- Brush with melted butter and place in a 400°F oven for approximately 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.