Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy to make! Can be scaled up to serve a large group. Adapted from Country LIving magazine, this is a typical recipe for fish from Greece.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a shallow roasting pan.
- With sharp knife, make 4 cuts through skin of each fish. Place snapper in oiled pan. Drizzle, inside and out, with lemon juice, oil, and wine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake seasoned fish until cooked through, about 25 minutes total, or 10 minutes per each inch thickness.
- To serve, transfer fish to serving platter. Garnish with thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.
I also made these using salmon fillets, so delicious! I used fresh ground black pepper and drizzled more lemon juice on top of the salmon after cooking, thanks Shar!
Sharon, I can't use the stars because I substituted salmon fillets for the red snapper. The fish seemed to be lacking in flavor, I think maybe I should have marinated it for several hours. Or maybe it was the wine I used which was dry sherry, hubby said he would have liked it better with chardonnay. Thank you for posting Sharon, made for ZWT, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.