Recipe by Sharon123
Easy to make! Can be scaled up to serve a large group. Adapted from Country LIving magazine, this is a typical recipe for fish from Greece.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I also made these using salmon fillets, so delicious! I used fresh ground black pepper and drizzled more lemon juice on top of the salmon after cooking, thanks Shar!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 (1 1/2 lb) whole red snapper, cleaned and scaled
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt (Kosher)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 bunches es fresh thyme (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a shallow roasting pan.
- With sharp knife, make 4 cuts through skin of each fish. Place snapper in oiled pan. Drizzle, inside and out, with lemon juice, oil, and wine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake seasoned fish until cooked through, about 25 minutes total, or 10 minutes per each inch thickness.
- To serve, transfer fish to serving platter. Garnish with thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.