Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 red onions, halved
- 1 lemon, cut in strips (rind of)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, Packed
- to taste pepper
- In large saucepan, cover onions and lemon rind with water; bring to
- boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain; refresh under cold running water and drain again.
- Discard rind.
- Peel onions and arrange in 13x9 inch casserole; pour olive oil over.
- Bake, uncovered, in 375= F oven, basting occasionally for 40 minutes.
- Add raisins, port, vinegar, sugar, and pepper to taste. Bake for 30 minutes or until juices are syrupy.