Recipe by Boca Pat
We love Italian food and this is one of our favorites. I got this recipe from a Womans World. It's fabulous.
- 1 (24 ounce) packagefrozen large round cheese ravioli
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed, crumbled (we use hot sausage)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce (or your favorite homemade sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook ravioli according to pkg directions; drain.
- In skillet cook beef, sausage, onion, garlic, 1/2 tsp italian seasoning and pepper, stirring until meat is browned; drain off fat.
- Add marinara sauce & wine; reduce heat to medium and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 3 tbsp parsley & remaining italian seasoning.
- Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in bottom of baking dish. Arrange half of ravioli in dish.
- Reserve half of ricotta mixture. Top ravioli with spoonfuls of remaining ricotta mixture; cover with 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture; repeat with remaining ravioli, ricotta mixture and sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake until cheese is melted about 8-10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.