1/2 Photos of Baked Potato Soup
Great for using leftover baked potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pierce potatoes with fork and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until done.
- 2Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and cook in a heavy bottom soup pot over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pot and set aside, leaving drippings in the pot.
- 3To the drippings in the pot add flour and stir and heat for 1 minute, whisk in milk.
- 4Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until bubbly and thickened, stirring frequently.
- 5Scoop out potato pulp from the skins; add to the milk mixture; mash with the back of a wooden spoon leaving it a little bit chuncky.
- 6Add bacon (leaving a little out for topping the soup), 2 tablespoons of the onion, 1 cup cheese, and salt and pepper.
- 7Stir until cheese has melted.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in sour cream; mix until combined.
- 9Spoon soup into bowls, sprinkle with bacon, cheese and onions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 712.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 18.7 g