Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Saute chopped shallots in olive oil until they soften and begin to caramelize; do not burn.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out soft flesh.
- Mash sweet potatoes in a bowl with cooked shallots, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in crumbled bacon and grated cheese.
- Fill empty potato shells with mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes to one hour, or until potatoes are hot and toasty on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used freshly snipped chives to add a color variant for the photo, but otherwise was faithful to your recipe. I had a presentation issue unrelated to the recipe. I wrapped the potatoes in foil to bake. Just as they finished baking yesterday, we got an unexpected invite to join friends for dinner & I put the potatoes in the fridge. When I got them out today to complete the recipe, their jackets literally fell away from the cooked flesh. So I completed the recipe & baked the mixture in gratin dishes. All that said to explain the photo, I should tell you my DH is very fond of twice-baked potatoes but I have never made them w/sweet potatoes. Per DH, *Well worth 5 stars and I will be happy to see these potatoes on my plate as often as you can fix them* â€“ high praise from one who reveres potatoes & ensures they will be repeated. Made for Photo Tag & thx for sharing this keeper recipe w/us.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org