Recipe by Darlene10
Very appealing looking and the bonus is that it tastes great. I got this recipe out of a magazine several years ago. The preparation time is merely guess work.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 -6 pork chops, trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice, parboiled
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup diced or sliced zucchini (do not peel)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh roma tomatoes
- 1 cup diced sweet pepper (red, green or yellow)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Brown chops on both sides; remove and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet; cover and cook about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add rice, curry powder, cumin and oregano; stir to coat rice.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, salt, pepper, bay leaf and chicken stock.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Nestle pork chops into rice; pour any juices from meat over top.
- Cover and bake in 350 oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- discard bay leaf.