1/2 Photos of Baked Peach French Toast
1 hr 5 mins
To the warm syrup, you may add your Gran Marnier, or Bourbon or a bit of Rum or brandy. But I think I would add it to the whipped cream just after it starts to peak. Cream and alcohol seem to compliment one another well. Prep/ Cooking time does not include the time you allow the French toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9x13 pan with vegetable oil spray. Trim off crusts and slice bread into small 1/2 inch cubes. Place bread tightly together in one layer in 9 x 13 pan.
- 2Beat eggs-add milk, 1/4 cup sugar, nutmeg and vanilla and mix with whisk until sugar is dissolved. Pour half of the liquid over the bread. Take a large spoon and press bread under the milk until it is covered by the liquid.
- 3Peel and slice peaches into 1/2 inch slices. Arrange peach slices on top of bread to cover. You can do straight rows or arrange in concentric circles from the middle outward.
- 4Pour remaining egg mixture over peaches. Mix remaining 1/2 cup of sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over peaches. Dot with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour. It can be done the night before to let the bread soak up the milk mixture and for flavors to meld. Refrigerate. Do not bake it until just ready to serve.
- 5After baking, let is rest about 5-10 minutes before serving. It will settle like a soufflé. I heat the Maple syrup gently but until it is very hot and pour into crevices of finished dish AFTER cutting it for a serving. Sprinkle chopped pecans over all and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Peach French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.3
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 206.4 mg
- Sodium 269.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 12.1 g