Baked Peach French Toast
photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 10 -14 slices French bread, 1 inch slices
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (try walnuts)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and sliced, can be substituted for the peaches
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread cream cheese over both sides of bread slices.
- Place bread in 13X9 inch baking pan.
- Prick bread slices several times.
- Top with peach slices.
- Sprinkle nuts over peaches
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup, butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until set in center.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was horrible! I followed the recipe precisely. Way too much nutmeg. IT dominated the flavors. Way too much liquid - milk and eggs. And so much cinnamon and sugar on top! the recipe says to preheat the oven to 400 degrees but then later it says to bake at 350 degrees. I used 350 and baked for 55 minutes until the edges looked like they were getting dark. But maybe that was all that cinnamon. so the texture was gooey. The flavor was nutmeg and the overall experience was an enormous disappointment and waste of a lot of high quality ingredients. I'd give it a zero star if I could.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.