Miss Barb's Note:
Another "find" from Martha Stewart Living. Categorized as an appetizer, but it couald easily be served as a supper entree by adding some poultry or meat and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb pasta shells
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 6 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced (to garnish)
- 1Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Cook pasta for 4 minutes in large pot of salted water.
- 3While pasta is cooking, place cream, tomatoes,cheeses (mozarella, fontina, gorgonzola and ricotta), salt and basil in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- 4Add cooked pasta to cheese mixture and toss to combine.
- 5Divide among 6 to 8 shallow ceramic bowls.
- 6Dot with butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with Romano and scallions and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pasta With Tomato, Cream and Five Cheeses
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.9
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 168.5 mg
- Sodium 600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 22.9 g