Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another "find" from Martha Stewart Living. Categorized as an appetizer, but it couald easily be served as a supper entree by adding some poultry or meat and a salad.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb pasta shells
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 6 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cook pasta for 4 minutes in large pot of salted water.
- While pasta is cooking, place cream, tomatoes,cheeses (mozarella, fontina, gorgonzola and ricotta), salt and basil in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to cheese mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide among 6 to 8 shallow ceramic bowls.
- Dot with butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Romano and scallions and serve.
I love this recipe. It is so rich and decadent but also so tasty and addictive. I love getting bursts of the gorgonzola flavor so I add a little bit more of it.