This was in cooking Light. The dish sounds yummy even though it does not have any meat in it. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces fusilli
- 5 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄8 ounces flour, about a 1/4 cup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 minutes or until almost al dente, omitting salt and fat.
- Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Let stand for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Drain pasta mixture well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Gradually add milk and wine; cook 8 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, salt and rind. Remove from heat; stir in pepper.
- Add pasta mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 13x9 inch-glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of panko breadcrumbs over pasta, and top evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of panko breadcrumbs over cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.