Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have given this recipe to alot of my friends and everyone loves it! You can put in any ingredient you like.
- 473.18 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 113.39 g can green chilies, chopped
- 113.39 g can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml ham, fully cooked and chopped
- 12 eggs or 709.77 ml egg substitute
- 118.29 ml milk
- 4.92 ml hot pepper sauce
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, layer half of the cheese, green peppers, chilies, mushrooms, onion and ham. Repeat layers.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
I've made this several times and every time I've been asked for the recipe. I chose this recipe the first time I made it because it doesn't have the bread in it since I was making it for a diabetic. It is super easy to make and each time I make it, I whip it up the night before and put it in the fridge overnight so I can just take it out and bake it before my guests come in the morning. It turns out great! Thanks for a delicious recipe!
What an excellent brunch dish, and so quick and easy to make. I had the ingredients together in the time it took the oven to pre-heat. I only had six eggs, so made half a batch. That said, I used the whole tin of mushrooms because we love them. It's a pleasure Mika to give you your very first review. Made and enjoyed for Pick a Chef.