Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A veggie side dish from my "Old Fashioned Mushroom Recipes" book. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds easy and tasty.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2 slices white bread, finely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except the butter and water.
- Pour into a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Dot top with butter slivers and sprinkle the 2 tbs of water over the top.
- Cover dish and bake 40-45 minutes.
I made this last night as a side dish for some roast salmon. I think it was lovely; possibly because I really like mushrooms and can tolerate celery if it's disguised in something else. Unlike the others, I don't think it's anything like stuffing; there's nowhere near enough bread for it to be confused with stuffing.<br/><br/>I've actually renamed it a dish for all seasons because I tasted it before I put it into the oven and it was so yummy raw that I thought adding some nice, coloured tomatoes and a little bit of dressing if you chose, would convert it to a really nice salad. So, a multitasking dish. Thank you ReeLani. I'll be making this again and encourage you to do so too.<br/><br/>Kind regards<br/>Russian Black
I was just like stuffing, not what I was expecting
I made this for Christmas dinner and the reviews were mixed. Some absolutley loved it and others said it was okay. I thought it was pretty good. It tasted a lot like stuffing. Thanks for sharing.