Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Southern Living; not for the salt-sensitive
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- Combine all ingredients in an ungreased 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Nice beefy mushroomy oniony rice side dish. Moist, not crunchy, because it doesn't contain dry onion soup mix.
I make this recipe when I am looking for a quick, yummy side dish. I originally got the recipe from a Southern Living cookbook and happened to come across it here. I make it exactly as posted and my family loves it. Thanks for posting!
I made this recipe last week. (I got this exact recipe at another recipe website and just happened to stumble upon it here at recipezaar. Since it is the same exact recipe, I have given it the same 5 star rating that I gave it at Allrecipes.com. My family and I loved this rice dish. It had a nice soft flavor. I will definately be making this again and again. Thanks for posting it here.