Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This flavorful layered dip makes a large amount. Perfect for those Super Bowl parties or whenever you need to feed many party-goers. I sometimes put chopped, canned jalapenos on half for the ones who like it really spicy. This dip goes great with icy Margaritas!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix (I make my own)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (I use refried black beans)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) jar hot salsa or 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese or 1 lb Mexican blend cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Brown ground beef and onion together.
- Add taco seasoning and water.
- Simmer a few minutes.
- Spread refried beans in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Top beans with the meat and onion mixture.
- Dollop sour cream over the beef.
- Pour salsa over the sour cream.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, then tomato and lastly the sliced black olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
YUM!! This was a delight.The BBQ / party season is almost upon us and I look forward to serving this to my friends (only the family feasted on it this time...a naughty late Sunday arvo snack)I used only 1/2 the shredded cheese and omitted the olives and topped with jalapeno's instead, these gave it a nice burst of heat. Let sit for several minutes before serving to let it settle a bit and so you dont burn yourself when you dive in. Thanks for sharing.