Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy to make and a nice light refreshing dessert. A must for lemon lovers like me!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest, beaten egg yolks, butter and milk.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into buttered 6 cup casserole dish.
- Place this casserole INSIDE a large pan (I use a 9x13 pan); pour hot water into the 9x13 pan to a depth of about 1 inch.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the topping is set and golden brown.
- **During baking this separates into a cake-like topping with a lemon sauce beneath.
Tart, tangy, sweet and light! This was a breeze to make. I refrigerated this overnight covered with foil and it was delicious! I loved the nice pudding on the bottom and the light, airy cake on top. I am a huge fan of lemon, so this is a definite keeper. Thank you!
I made this for a light dessert. I used zest and juice of two limes and used half the sugar. I liked how it turned . Thank you for a great recipe
Hubbies favorite dessert,anything lemon.Will make again.