Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A easy side recipe. I have not made this, from Pol Martin Cookbook. Cooking time does not include the time it take to cook the leeks before preparing the dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cooked leeks, white parts only, drained and chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 pinch paprika
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- preheat oven to 375*F (190*C).
- butter baking dish.
- place cooked, chopped leeks in bowl with beaten eggs, mix together, incorporate flour.
- add paprika, nutmeg and milk, season well, mix together with whisk.
- pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 40 minutes in oven.
- slice and serve.
A simple and yet tasty recipe thanks Daisy! I made this as posted but only used 3 VERY large organic eggs and added a little grated Gruyere cheese on the top, for a cheesy lift! I used the pale green part of the leeks too, as we both like them. We ate this by itself for a light and veggie lunch with fresh French bread, delicious! Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #34 as well as the One Pot Wonder event in the Photos Forum and very much enjoyed. FT:-)
AN absolute keeper! This was such a quick and tasty recipe. I served it as a side dish along with bacon wrapped chicken...but I could certainly see it as a lovely lunch entrée with a salad or even a brunch dish!<br/>I used some smoked Paprika which gave it the tiniest bit of 'bite' as well as a sprinkling of parmesan on top. <br/>I also broiled it for 5 minutes until golden.<br/>Wonderful!!!!