Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made these last night as I had jalapeno peppers left but, alas, no dry ranch dressing. Aha! I found some ranch dressing in a bottle in my refrigerator so came up with this. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Time does not include the three hours of refrigerator time which is IMPORTANT so that the cheese does not melt and leak out before the bacon is done.
- Wear plastic gloves, wash off outside of jalapenos, cut off tops, slice in half lengthwise, deseed, and cut out the white membrane the best you can.
- Mix together the cream cheese, ranch salad dressing, and cheese.
- Fill peppers with salad mixture.
- Wrap each pepper in bacon.
- Set on rack so that later the popper is out of the dripping bacon grease, put rack on plate, and refrigerate for 3 hours or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Set rack inside a cookie sheet that has edges to catch the drippings.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until bacon is done.
I added diced shrimp to the mix and cooked ours vertical on our cooker. I also topped them off with bread crumbs. Will try it with ground sausage next time.
These poppers are great but so hot LOL The taste is really yummy. I put them in the freezer 15 minutes like you said. Thanks WiGal :) Made for PRMR tag game