Easy Ranch Chicken
photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- cracker (optional)
- Mix ranch dressing, salt, pepper and dry bread crumbs in 1 quart storage bag.
- Beat 2 eggs in bowl.
- Rinse and dredge chicken through egg then place in bag and shake until completely covered.
- Place in buttered 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- Place a pat of butter on top of chicken.
- Cook at 375°F for 1 hour.
- Note: Can use already prepared ranch dressing.
- Omit eggs and dredge through dressing and then trough dry bread crumbs or crackers.
- Also can put crackers in dry bread crumbs to make crispier coating.
- Time may vary depending on the size of the breasts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very very good recipe. Next time though, I think that I will pound the breasts down a bit to give more surface area for the coating. Also, despite the sodium in the ranch mix, I found that the chicken needed some salt. Maybe that would be a bit different though if I used thinner breasts. Try using the leftover mix on potatoes with a bit of oil and roast with the chicken. Yum!
This was FABULOUS! I had been searching for some recipes to use up a container of ranch dressing mix I bought last year and found this. I used 1/2 regular and 1/2 italian-style panko and probably 2 tbs of the ranch mix (2/3 of a packet). I also added a touch of water to the egg mix to thin it out a bit. Lastly, I sprayed the tops of the chicken with PAM rather than add butter, and then cooked 3 large boneless skinless breasts about 30 minutes and they came out PERFECT!! So crispy outside and moist inside. It was all I coudl do not to lick the plate! Also, add the remaining ranch dressing mix to your mashed potatoes with some cheese and chives and you will be in heaven! I will definitely be making this again!
see 18 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Ohio. I have 2 boys who are always hungry. My husband does most of the cooking but I enjoy doing it when I can. I love to cook anything simple and easy because i have no timing in the kitchen.