Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1⁄2 ham (about 4.5 lbs)
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 3⁄4 cup peach nectar (half of an 11.5 ounce can)
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄2 cup california walnut, Chopped, Toasted
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Put the ham in a shallow baking pan.
- With a sharp knife, score the ham in a diamond design.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover pan securely with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover the ham and brush with 1/2 cup of peach preserves.
- Bake uncovered, 30 minutes longer, basting occasionally.
- Meanwhile make the sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine the nectar, chicken broth and cornstarch and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup peach preserves and the brown sugar and bring to a boil, whisking occasionally.
- Simmer the sauce until thickened.
- Add the walnuts and peaches and simmer 1 minute longer.
- Whisk in the mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Serve the ham sliced with the sauce on the side. From Gourmet, March 1999.