Prep 7 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is very simple, and great to make for a crowd (it can also be easily be adjusted for a smaller group, as well). As written, it serves 8. My fabulous stepmother made this for a group of 14, while we were on vacation, and I thought that it was a great idea. You can also adjust the type of potatoes to your guests' preference. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Prick each potato with a fork on front and back of potato.
- Place ham in the middle of roasting pan (without rack), or on large baking or cookie sheet.
- Surround ham with lightly buttered potatoes.
- Bake for 2 hours (this is an estimate; I usually follow the directions on the ham for cooking time).
- Carve ham, serve with potatoes, and enjoy.
Helping hands, you truly live up to your name; its these simple meal suggestions that I do so appreciate. After looking through many recipes that I found complicated and super-sugary I was happy to discover this. How delicious! And simple! The only thing I will be more careful of next time is the baking time for the sweet potatoes (mine came out on the dry side) but my baked potato was perfect with sour cream and butter =) I will be making this again and again and the leftover ham is wonderful for so many different meals as well as sandwiches (right now I am boiling the ham hock for blackeyed peas that I will serve over hot rice with cornbread) Bless you Helping hands for blessing my kitchen!