Ham and Swiss Loaded Baked Potatoes
This is a yummy, fairly healthy version of stuffed potatoes adapted from Cooking Light.
- Ready In:
- 4 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup diced ham (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven.
- Microwave at high 16 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Combine potato pulp, ham, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/3 cup green onions, sour cream, and pepper.
- Spoon the potato mixture into shells. Combine 1/2 cup cheese and remaining green onions, and sprinkle over potatoes. Place potatoes on a baking sheet; broil 4 minutes or until golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Who doesn't love twice baked potatoes? With this recipe you get all the goodness without all of the heart killing fat, it's win-win. I oven baked the spud because I prefer it over microwaved. Used veggie ham and fat free Swiss Cheese. I ground in a bit of black pepper into the mix and some 1/2 Salt before stirring it all together. The end result was a very hearty, healthy, and filling lunch that was simply delicious.Reply
We love loaded baked potatoes and this recipe was so easy and quick to make and was very good. I was low on swiss cheese but did manage to use some in the potato mixture and some on top of the potatoes with some cheddar cheese too. Turned out delicious! Thanks for sharing this simple and quick recipe.Reply
see 1 more