Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy way to serve omelets. In our house, it takes me forever to make breakfast on the stove top! Baking this is soooo much easier. Feel free to add or subtract to suit your tastes (bacon, sausage, onions, peppers, etc.)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped or 9 slices of any deli ham
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Beat eggs and milk until fluffy.
- Add flour, salt and pepper and beat or whisk until smooth.
- Pour into a buttered or greased 9 x 13 baking dish or pan.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until eggs are just about set (Keep an eye on them at the 6 minute mark -- depending on your oven, they could set that fast!).
- Sprinkle with chopped ham or lay slices of ham evenly on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Starting at short side, roll up omelet while still in pan.
- Place seam side down on serving dish.
- Cut into slices.
This was really great. It was a nice and quick way to serve hot eggs to a large group for brunch. I used parchment paper to line the baking tray to make it easier to roll. Also, I would suggest adding milk to the flour first, and then adding the eggs to avoid lumpy flour balls in the final mixture. Thanks!
ACK! This was SO nummy! Not to mention super easy to make. It took me about 15 minutes total, and I had a great breakfast to serve my family at the last minute. Great flavor. I do highly suggest keeping an eye on the eggs though. I set my timer for 15 minutes, and when I looked in after 14, they were already set and really puffy. Despite that, it still worked wonderfully. Thanks a mil for sharing this one. Two thumbs up!
Absolutely delicious! I didnt use the ham as we had Bergys Peppered Breakfast Bacon Peppered Breakfast Bacon with it instead. It was light and fluffy and easy to roll. Thanks for posting. =)