Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My aunt made these yummy beans at all of our holiday get togethers when I was young. The family doesn't get together very often anymore so I am glad to have her recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans, thawed
- 3 slices bacon, crisped and crumbled, reserving 1 TBSP drippings
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Place beans into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Stir bacon drippings into beans.
- Dissolve bouillon in water and add garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour over beans.
- Cover and Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
These were tasty. I used real bacon bits instead of bacon slices. I used a bit of olive oil instead of bacon grease in the pan. I think next time I will leave the beans a little bit frozen or not cook them as long in the oven as they were a little too soft for my personal tastes. They had great flavor.
A nice alternative to canned beans with bacon on the stove. Full of flavor.
These green beans were delicious. I usually just throw mine in a pot with bacon, but this method really soaked up the flavors. Thanks for a great recipe that my family and I thoroughly enjoyed!