Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Vegan friendly and super tasty!
Make and share this Baked Eggplant Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 14 ounces cannellini beans or 14 ounces white kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup eggplants, skin on or 1⁄2 eggplant
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roast the eggplant by cutting it into 1/4″ slices and brushing each side with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip the slices and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Place the diced red onion and 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the onion softens.
- Remove eggplant from the oven, turn the oven down to 400 degrees.
- Stir together the eggplant, onion, beans, bell pepper, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, sea salt, hummus and cumin in a large bowl.
- Blend the mixture in a food processor - about 15 seconds.
- Pour the mixture back into a bowl, stir in the breadcrumbs, and use your hands to make four large patties.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. Place the patties on the foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- Remove the burgers from the oven, top with hummus or tahini sauce, and enjoy!