1 hr 10 mins
Chef #1802887522's Note:
Vegan friendly and super tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 14 ounces cannellini beans or 14 ounces white kidney beans
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup eggplants, skin on or 1/2 eggplant
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Roast the eggplant by cutting it into 1/4″ slices and brushing each side with olive oil.
- 3Bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip the slices and bake for another 5 minutes.
- 4Place the diced red onion and 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the onion softens.
- 5Remove eggplant from the oven, turn the oven down to 400 degrees.
- 6Stir together the eggplant, onion, beans, bell pepper, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, sea salt, hummus and cumin in a large bowl.
- 7Blend the mixture in a food processor - about 15 seconds.
- 8Pour the mixture back into a bowl, stir in the breadcrumbs, and use your hands to make four large patties.
- 9Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. Place the patties on the foil.
- 10Bake for 45 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- 11Remove the burgers from the oven, top with hummus or tahini sauce, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Eggplant Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.3
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1194.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 12.3 g