Recipe by cookalot #2
This is the one I always make. It has never failed me yet! From the Purity Flour Cookbook.
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald milk and sugar
- Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs until light.
- Gradually stir in milk mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Strain if you have added milk mixture too fast and cooked some of the egg.
- Pour into dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place dish in pan of hot water.
- Bake at 350 25-30 minute.
- Knife inserted will come out clean when done.
- Do not overcook.