Baked Custard With Berries
This recipe is from the Betty Crocker 1971 recipe card set. I posted it in response to a request for recipe on the boards. The recipe can easily be cut in half for six servings.
- Ready In:
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups milk, scalded
- 2 cups sweetened fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Blend eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in scalded milk.
- Pour into twelve 6 oz custard cups.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place cups in 2 baking pans, 13 X 9 X 2.
- Pour very hot water into pans to within 1/2 inch of tops of cups.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
- Remove cups from water and chill.
- Unmold and top with fresh sweetened berries.
- May top with a dollop of whipped cream dusted with nutmeg or a sprig of mint, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wow, we really enjoyed this recipe PanNan. The custards were awesome, they set beautifully. They were quick and really easy to make, resulting in lovely, smooth and silky custard that was topped with stewed strawberries, blueberries and raspberries and garnished with a little whipped cream. Thank you for sharing this decadent treat. made for CQ4-Scandinavia.