This was my favorite dessert that my grandmother used to make and my family loves it too. We always serve it cold and as it has a long oven time we usually have it in the fall/winter. Recipe source: local newspaper.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Pour into six ramekin dishes or custard cups.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- In a large baking dish filled half-way up with water, place custard cups.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted into middle of one of the custards.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 36 more