1/2 Photos of Baked Curry Puffs
I needed something a little different for a party. I wanted something that was baked and not deep fried and came up with this recipe . I served these at a party and got rave reviews about these puffs. Serve them with your favourite dipping sauce. Use vegetables such as carrots, corn, parsnip and peas for your vegetables or use a frozen mix that has been thawed for convenience. A little Chili can be added for an extra kick also. I am guessing the amounts this mixture made but it did make quite a few!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 large onion, diced finely
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated gingerroot
- 1 cup minced beef
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into very small cubes
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup vegetables, mixed diced very small
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1In a wok or pan, heat a little oil and fry chopped garlic until golden add onion and ginger.
- 2Add in the minced meat and fry for 2 minutes breaking up the meat into small pieces. ( I use a separate pan to fry the meat and drain off excess fats, then add the meat to the onion mixture).
- 3Add potatoes, cook for further 2-4 minutes.
- 4Add the curry powder, water, sugar salt and pepper and simmer over a medium low heat stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until the potatoes are almost soft. (About 10 - 15 minutes).
- 5You may need to add a little extra water if there is no sauce left.
- 6Add in the mixed vegetables and coriander last and cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes until the vegetables are just starting to soften.
- 7Remove from heat and cool.
- 8Cut the puff pastry into 4 inch by 4 inch squares.
- 9Put some filling onto one half of the square.
- 10Brush edges with a little water and fold over pastry to make a rectangle or triangle shape.
- 11Use a fork press the sides together to seal the edges of the puff pastry, and also the makes a nice pattern.
- 12Brush the puffs with the egg wash (beaten egg).
- 13Bake in a preheated oven 185°C until a nice golden colour. (about 10 minutes).
- 14Arrange the curry puffs on a serving platter and serve with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Malaysian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Curry Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.1
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 86.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: